Alan Stockman Receiving 1st Degree from Carlson Gracie Jr.
Alan Stockman - head instructor
Alan began training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu under Luiz Filho in Fortaleza, Brazil in 1997. He lived, trained, and competed in Brazil for almost four years, traveling between Fortaleza, Rio de Janeiro, Porto Alegre, and Recife, to train and learn Portuguese. He earned two stripes on his blue belt before returning to the United States.
"I had briefly studied other martial arts growing up but never found anything in them that captured my interest," said Stockman. "Jiu-Jitsu's demand for strategy, memory, concentration, will, cardio, strength, flexibility and spirit was the type of challenge that I had been looking for. Later, as I continued my training, I began to see that the depth, strategy and patience required by Jiu-Jitsu was as stimulating and rewarding as one of my favorite games - chess! Then the physical aspect of diligent training methods, the calculated preparation of peaking for a competition, all of this required the same type of discipline and was consistent with what I had experienced before as a competitive cylcist. They both required similar characteristics to be successful."
Back in the United States, Stockman traveled to California, Hawaii, Florida, Missouri, Illinois and Ohio to continue learning and training, organized seminars for visiting black belts and actually helped relocate two Brazilian Jiu Jitsu black belts - Luiz Filho and Marcello C. Monteiro - to Indiana.
- Earened Blue Belt from Luiz Filho 1997 Fortaleza, Brazil.
- Earned Puple Belt from Marcello C. Monteiro 2000.
- Earned Brown Belt from Marcello C. Monteiro 2009.
- Earned Black Belt from Wally Holem in 2011.
- Earned 1st Degree on Black Belt from Carlson Gracie Jr. in 2014
- Co-founded the Michiana Fight League and Bulldog Fight Team in 2006 and worked with UFC veterans Steve Lopez and Todd Brown.
- Spent almost 4 years in Brazil traveling, studying, competing, and training Jiu Jitsu.
- Studied at the Universidade Federal de Ceara 1997 to 1998.
- Fluent in Brazilian Portuguese.
- Graduated from IUPUI in 2002 with degree in Computer Engineering Technology and a minor in Electrical Engineering.
- Black Belt recognized by the USBJJF (United States Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Federation) | Affiliation Number: 31927.
Ashley JEAN Remy - kids instructor
Ashley is currently a two stripe Blue Belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and has been training at Stockman Jiu Jitsu for over a year. Prior to beginning her Jiu Jitsu training, Ashley earned her brown belt in Judo under Rue Sensei and Tinajero Sensei from Red Spider MMA. She has been training Judo for over five years and was the instructor for the Judo Club at New Mexico State University for 3 years. She is a certified Judo instructor and has worked with children, college students, and the NMSU organizations.
Roseanna Loichinger - kids instructor
Rosie has been training Jiu Jitsu for over 8 years, 2 years of it at Stockman Jiu Jitsu where she earned her Purple Belt. She has over 2 years experience instructing Jiu Jitsu with children. You will find Rosie assisting the Kids 9-14 Class!